lunes, 15 de junio de 2020

June 16th - ENGLISH

1) Correct yesterday's answers with this norm:

    1) Who is the woman that first appears in the story? The river, that is pictured (representado) as a woman.

    2) What does she complain (quejarse) about? She complains about having to move all the time and not being able to stop for a while (un momento). 

    3) Why does the mountain think that the river should not complain? Because she is less fortunate for having to stand still (estar quieta) forever.

    4) Do you think the mountain have more reasons to complain than the river? Yes, because to stand still is as hard as having to move all the time, but at least people thank you fot that (Sí, porque estar quieto es tan duro como tener que moverse todo el tiempo, pero al menos la gente te lo agradece).


    5) The mountain tells the river, 'You are worshipped (adorado) by everyone. Why? Because everybody needs water to live.

    6) Which one of them would you like to be, the river or the mountain? Of course, the river.

    7) Did the two of them agree with each other at the end? Yes, the river realizes that the mountain has it worse (Sí, el río se da cuenta de que lo tiene peor). 


2) Do this lovely LIVEWORKSHEET. You can send it to my email.

3) Enjoy this beautiful song while you read its lyrics:



Hide in your shellEscóndete en tu coraza,
Cuz the world is out to bleed you for a ride / porque el mundo está fuera esperando aprovecharse de ti.
What will you gain making your life a little longer? / ¿Qué ganarás haciendo tu vida un poco más larga?
Heaven or Hell 
 / Cielo o Infierno,
Was the journey cold that gave your eyes of steel? ¿fue el frío del camino el que te dio esa mirada de acero?
Or shelter behind, or painting your mind and playing joker / O fue el refugiarte y fingir que eras frívola.
Too frightened to listen to a stranger / Demasiado asustada para escuchar a un extraño.
Too beautiful to put your pride in danger / Demasiado bella para poner tu orgullo en peligro.
You're waiting for someone to understand you / Estás esperando a alguien que te entienda.
But you've got demons in your closet / Pero aún conservas fantasmas del pasado.
And you're screaming out to stop it / Y estás deseando enterrarlos.
Saying life's begun to cheat you / Diciendo que la vida ha empezado a burlarse de ti.
Friends are out to beat you / Y que tus amigos sólo quieren derrotarte.
Grab on to what you can scramble for / Aférrate a aquello por lo que luchar.
Don't let the tears linger on inside now / No retengas las lágrimas.
Because it's sure time you gained control / Porque es momento de que tomes el control.
If I can help you, if I can help you / Si puedo ayudarte, si puedo ayudarte...
If I can help you, just let me know / sólo dímelo.
Well, let me show you the nearest signpost / Deja que te enseñe la señal más próxima
To get your heart back and on the road / para que tu corazón retome el camino.
If I can help you, if I can help you / Si puedo ayudarte, si puedo ayudarte...
If I can help you, just let me know / sólo házmelo saber.
All through the night as you lie awake and hold yourself so tight / Las noches enteras que pasas en vela.
What do you need, a second-hand-movie-star to tend you? / ¿Qué necesitas? ¿Una estrella de cine trasnochada que te mantenga?
I as a boy, I believed the saying the cure for pain was love / Cuando era pequeño creía en el dicho de que la cura del dolor era el amor.
Oh, how would it be if you could see the world through my eyes? / ¿Cómo sería si pudieras ver el mundo a través de mis ojos?
Too Frightening -the fire's becoming colder / Demasiado aterrador, el fuego se está apagando.
Too Beautiful -to think you're getting older / Demasiado bonito, pensar que te haces mayor.
You're waiting for someone to bring an answer / Estás buscando a alguien que te dé una respuesta.
What you see is just illusion / Pero lo que ves es sólo un espejismo.
You're surrounded by confusion / Estás rodeada de confusión,
Saying life's begun to cheat you / diciendo que la vida a empezado a burlarse de ti.
Friends are out to beat you / Y que los amigos sólo quieren derrotarte.
Grab on to what you can scramble for / Aférrate a aquello por lo que puedes luchar.
Don't let the tears linger on inside now / No retengas las lágrimas.
Because it's sure time you gained control / Porque es momento de que tomes el control.
If I can help you, if I can help you / Si puedo ayudarte, si puedo ayudarte...
If I can help you, just let me know / sólo dímelo.
Well, let me show you the nearest signpost / Deja que te enseñe la señal más próxima
To get your heart back and on the road / para que tu corazón retome el camino.
If I can help you, if I can help you / Si puedo ayudarte, si puedo ayudarte,
If I can help you, just let me know / sólo házmelo saber.
I wanna know... / Quiero saber...
Mmmm, I wanna know... (x4)/ Quiero saber...
Won't you, won't let me know you (x2)/ ¿Me dejarás conocerte?
I wanna know you / Quiero conocerte,
I wanna feel you / quiero sentirte.
Oh, I wanna touch you / Oh, quiero tocarte
Please let me near you / Por favor, déjame estar cerca de ti.
Oh let me near you / Déjame estar a tu lado.
Can you hear what I'm singing? / ¿Puedes oír lo que canto?
Well I'm hoping, I'm dreamin', I'm prayin' / Estoy esperando, soñando, rezando...
And I know what you're thinkin' / Sé lo que estás pensando.
See what you're seein' / Veo lo que estás viendo.
Never ever let yourself go / Nunca jamás te abandones.
Hold yourself down, hold yourself down / Contente,
Why d'ya hold yourself down? / ¿por qué no te tranquilizas?
Why don't you listen, you can trust me / ¿Por qué no me escuchas? Puedes confiar en mí.
There's a place I know the way to / Hay un sitio al que sé llegar.
There's a place there is no need to, to feel you / Hay un lugar en el que no tienes que sentir...
To feel that you are alone / Sentir que estás sola.
Oh can you hear me / Oh, ¿puedes oírme?
I know exactly what you're feelin' / Sé exactamente lo que estás sintiendo
Cuz all your troubles are within you / Porque todos tus problemas los tienes dentro.
So begin to, to see that I'm just bleeding too / Así que empieza a darte cuenta de que yo también estoy sufriendo.
Oh love me, love you / Quiéreme, quiérete
Loving is the way to help me, help you / El amor es el camino para ayudarme y ayudarte. 
Why must we be so cool, oh so cool? / ¿Por qué tenemos que ser tan fríos?
Oh, we're such damn fools... / Oh, ¡somos tan tontos...!
I said we're such damn fools...(x2) / Somos tan malditamente idiotas...
--ooOoo--

1 comentario: